Virtual data rooms have been on the market for more than a decade. Still, only a couple of years ago were business owners able to truly appreciate the benefits of being paperless, efficient, and secure. VDRs allow you to manage your business remotely and transact important transactions online. There are so many offers from VDR providers, but not all are equally good. To get a profitable and reliable investment, you must consider what features the provider can offer you. This article will highlight the VDR solutions with the best security certifications.
Provider Merrill Datasite
Merrill has been on the market long before the Internet came into our everyday lives. So it has used its years of experience to develop one of the most powerful security structures. The main industry in which Datasite specializes in mergers and acquisitions, and therefore it offers all possible tools to optimize this process. The program is supported on all operating systems, and there is a specially designed application for mobile operating systems.
In terms of security measures, Datasite uses comprehensive technologies and tools, some of which are:
- Detailed document access permissions based on user responsibilities
- Two-factor authentication
- Dynamic watermarks
- Document editing using AI tools
Datasite has two international security certifications, ISO 27001 and SOC 2, among the best. Their existence shows that the provider meets the ever-increasing demands of data security.
iDeals is a secure and flexible space for storing and managing sensitive documents and corporate transactions. Customers appreciate that providers always listen to their needs. iDeals is a unique space suitable for all types and sizes of businesses, from startups to investment firms. The provider has the appropriate security certifications, such as:
- ISO 27001 – which ensures that VDR uses advanced data protection features
- SOC 1 and 2 compliance – which proves that the provider cares about your privacy
- GDPR – means that the data room does not store any personal information about your company; you can always request a detailed report from the provider about what they are storing
- HIPAA -securely protects all the health information you share via iDeals
So data room due diligence iDeals uses advanced security features like fence views, watermarks, advanced encryption, access permissions, and more to give you peace of mind about even the most complex transactions.
Firmex was founded in 2006; it has been offering its services for all types of transactions. Firmex is most commonly used in due diligence processes, mergers and acquisitions, and litigation. Businesses of every size and sector are able to employ the provider to their advantage, as Firmex’s VDR platform can work in:
- Acquisition consulting
- Biotechnology and pharmaceuticals
- Oil and gas
- Real Estate
- Law firms
- Government and infrastructures and others
Provider offers the appropriate international security certifications that confirm its right to work with confidential documents in these industries:
- SOC 2 Type 2 certification -means that the platform is securely protected from any unauthorized exposure, hacking, and cyber attacks
- GDPR – ensures your sensitive data and personal information is stored securely
- HIPAA – all of the medical information you exchange inside the Firmex Data Room is fully protected
The Data Room uses remote destruction, granular access, multi-factor authentication, password control, backups, encryption, and more to ensure its customers are highly secure.